wound care program
Did you recently experience a severe accident or got injured that caused you a nasty wound?
If your answer is yes, then you may need to undergo the Wound Care Program.
Wounds are something that can be permanent if not properly handled or treated. Wounds can happen externally or internal breakage in the body tissue.
Minor wounds can be treated at home, normally caused by falling and getting a harsh scratch on your skin. Major wounds, however, need to be treated by a professional such as open wounds from a severe car accident or a burning incident.
Wound Care Program at Comfort Home Health Agency in Florida focuses on the treatment and healing of your wounds to ensure you reach your optimal healing through the hands of our professionals.
What you need to know
Wounds need to be frequently cleaned to prevent infection and helps for faster healing.
There are four types of open wounds:
- Abrasion. It is when the skin rubs against a rough or hard surface
- Laceration. It is where the skin has a deep cut or tear from accidents with knives and machinery
- Puncture. It is where there is a small hole caused by a long and pointy or sharp object
- Avulsion. It is where there is a partial or complete tear of the skin and tissue, this is usually from body crushing accidents, explosions or gunshots).
Symptoms of severe wounds reflect an increased or continued pain like:
- Body aches
- Whole-body temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Feeling weak
- Swelling does not subside
- Redness around the wound
- Draining pus