Acute pain is a sudden discomfort caused by tissue damage, such as your muscles and bones. While the pain may not last long, it can cause emotional distress. On the other hand, Chronic Pain last longer and are normally accompanied by an illness. Either way, you should not take it lightly. Seek medical attention if symptoms persist and if it already affects your daily life.
Comfort Home Health Agency in Florida are equipped with skilled professionals and medical equipment to help address the pain and manage it so you can live without worries.
What you need to know
There are different factors that involve pain and the pain management specialist evaluates and helps you feel better. Some pains can be treated with pain killer pills while others may need a different approach. That is why, don’t let the pain control you, seek medical attention right away.
Different Types of Pain
- Nociceptive Pain – The pain is usually caused by tissue injury from physical damage to the body. It can be in the form of bruises, fractures, joint pain, or burns.
- Inflammatory Pain – It is a spontaneous hypersensitivity to pain like trauma and arthritis.
- Neuropathic Pain – The pain is due to nerve damage or a malfunctioning nervous system.
- Functional Pain – The kind of pain without obvious organic origins like musculoskeletal pain in fibromyalgia (FM) or visceral pain in irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Seek Medical Attention if you experience the following:
- Persistent Pain
- Intolerable pain
- Feeling disoriented
- Sudden loss of appetite
- Sudden and drastic weight change